PROPEL is hosting this 2-day Intensive Workshop, provided by BBC Entrepreneurial Training & Consulting (BBCetc), that will cover all aspects of writing SBIR/STTR grants focused on life science technologies including: eligibility, sources of funding and agency differences, understanding what reviewers look for, step-by-step instruction on how to write each section of your proposal. The workshop will cover all agencies, including Department of Defense, National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health, with detailed emphasis on NIH.
Who should attend:
- Anyone planning on submitting an SBIR/STTR proposal in the next 12 months
- Individuals interested in learning enough about the program to determine if they are interested in pursuing future submissions
- Individuals supporting SBIR/STTR applicants and companies including financial managers, business managers, other administrative personnel
- Individuals from academic institutions interested in working with SBIR/STTR applicants as subcontractors and supporting personnel
- National averages for NIH SBIR proposal funding are around 20% for Phase I and 40% for Phase II
- BBC clients are funded at a rate two to three higher than the national average across agencies